Re: Trailer Towing Tips

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Trailer Towing Tips
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:59:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Phil,

I thought I'd add a couple more thoughts on this.

Tom's right, tounge weight and weight
distribution are critical.  Sometimes rolling the
car front six inches will make all the difference
in the world in handling with the trailer.  I had
a weight distribution hitch with dual anti-sway
system left over from my enclosed car carrier and
I use it on the flat trailer.  It really, really
makes a difference. If you can pick one up and
mount it on your flat trailer, it will help make
the trip a little easier.  If you want to stop by
on your way through, I'll loan you mine.  It will
take about fifteen minutes to mount it on your
trailer. It's all done with big C-clamp things,
and you just have to use my receiver. I'm only
four miles off of Interstate 20.   Also, if you
experience any sway induced by flat nosed
Peterbuilts passing you, always be sure you have
enough pedal left to accelerate as they draw even
with you.  Same goes for going down hill. If you
experience any sway or whip at all, have enough
pedal left to accelerate out of it.  You will
NEVER correct it by letting off the gas or
braking, it just gets worse.  Drive out of it.

Hope this helps a little.  Let me know if you
want to stop by and use the equalizer. I'll be
glad to meet you and hook it up any time of day
or night.

Dick J

--- "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>