Re: New prop-driven WSR 205.494 mph

To: gator@wolfenet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New prop-driven WSR 205.494 mph
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:14:08 EDT
       Thanks  Charley,  I  saw that hydro on the news this morning, and it
was
hauling !!!    Your message fills in the details the newscast left out  .   I
wonder
if  Howard Arnesson out there in San Rafael, CA  ......... a fine gentleman
and
holder of the powerboat record time from New Orleans to St. Louis with his
4000 hp turbine boat  ........ would like to take a shot at that record with a
smaller craft  ?   For a man in his 70s he's still running strong  .........
we saw,
and  HEARD  !!!  his turbine speedboat running at part throttle in San
Francisco
Bay about four years ago, while on the tour boat to Alcatraz  Island  .    The
roostertail it kicked up was incredible !    He gave me a guided tour of his
great
shop a few days later, where I learned he is an ardent supporter of  Craig
Breedlove .   Any of you speedboat fans on the list recall Mickey  Thompson's
ill fated speed run on Lake Mead,  Nevada  ?    I  think that might have been
Mick' s worst injury in his lifelong pursuit of speed records .     It seems
water
is less forgiving than land when humans attempt high velocity motivating  !
        Bruce,   on the Connecticut shoreline where I hear some strong running
rat powered boats every summer weekend now  !        ........ like it said
over
the door to Banjo Matthews shop  :
         " Speed  costs  money ........ How fast do  YOU  wanna go ? "