Re: Airborne Express Delivery Alert

To: dahlgren@uconect.net
Subject: Re: Airborne Express Delivery Alert
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:40:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/0 12:16:48 PM, dahlgren@uconect.net wrote:

<<man if you can get UPS to do that they are a lot different than they are
on the East Coast.. Here it is hard enough to get them to come for the
daily pickup within a 2 hr window.. either stay late or they are 2 hrs
early before everything is boxed up
Dahlgren ( a great fan of Fedex lately)

Actually, this was rather easy, the folks at the UPS center gave me the idea.
 The problem was I would be at work when a package arrived (carbs from
Mikuni).  I called UPS about rescheduling delivery.  The operator asked if
there was a neighbor I trusted, I said yes and they said they could deliver
it there.   The next time something came and I wasn't around, when I called
to reschedule, I asked if I could have them deliver it to another location
where I'd be, they said "No problem, it will take an extra day though".
Since it wasn't a rush this time, it was delivered to the city of L.A. yard
where I worked.  The storekeeper signed for it for me and brought it to my
stall.  I knew it had came whenI saw the UPS truck pulling out.  Sometimes
UPS is easy to work with, too bad its not always like that.

        Mike in L.A.