Another Great Weekend in the Dirt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Great Weekend in the Dirt
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 02:33:48 EDT
Hi All!

What an awesome weekend we had at Muroc even with the powerful wind and
talcum powder like dirt. It was great to meet Keith Turk and Jonathan Amo.
And one highlight had to be the witnessing of Keith getting his Muroc 200
club cap as Speedvision cameras were rolling.

However, I must admit that the greatest highlight for me, hands down, was my
149.642 mph run down the course to break my dad's 143 mph record from
Saturday in the XXO/VGC class. Hats off to my dad for being such a great
6-cylinder mechanic! What a thrill that ride was. Thank you to all who shared
in my joy by showing their support!

See all of you El Mirage regulars in two weeks at the lake--

Katie Young Cortez
Livermore, CA