Nissan at Muroc

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Nissan at Muroc
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:51:14 EDT
List; Keith's Camaro looks simple but it sure pounds ground. 205 Wow. Doug's
bugeye is really neat. I don't know how fast he went, but I saw it on course
and it looked good. Now the Nissan. A certain amount of goofiness may have
flayed the first effort. On the first run the tape was left covering the
carburetor air inlet for a "No Start." Run 2 looked good in first and second,
when a large dust cloud blew on course and Jack got dusted in forcing him to
shut off. On the third run it did not want to start and ran really bad in 1st
and 2nd finally cleaning out at around the mile and going thru at 157 with
low boost. Jack believes that the power valve was ruptured during the tape on
inlet episode and that's the problem. I guess he will find out at El Mirage.
Rich Fox