SCTA & Muroc

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCTA & Muroc
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:06:32 -0700
Got home from Muroc about 9:30 last night (leisurely 500 mile drive) and
so far today, have spent my time trying to wash brown talcum powder off
every thing........
It was great meeting so many people on this list, now I can finally put
some faces to these posts.....Interesting people & interesting cars -
this list covers ALL types of vehicles. (sorry I missed Tom Bryant, we
ended up on the start line at the same time twice - not the place for
chit-chat)  This was my first time at Muroc as a competitor (been there
as a spectator) and I would like to thank the SCTA members for their
patience and help. These guys have their act together (maybe 'cause they
been doing this for 1/2 a century?) and it is a LOT of work putting on
an event like this. A lot of those guys must not get much sleep on race
week-ends............ Was waiting in impound for Keith after the 205 run
- what a crack-up!  BTW it was the tire change to 28 inchers that got
him that extra few MPH. Enough for now, back to scrubbing dirt off
Ed