So Al Special

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: So Al Special
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:32:20 -0700
I was in the timing tower visiting with the "clock studs" when the
'bama bomber Turk ripped down the course. We caught sight of his
powder trail early in the mile and everyone agreed he was hooked up
for a 2 bill ride.  Well, clocks don't lie and 196 popped up on the
screen as I watch Keith's chute flower and snap to attention.

Knowing this may be my only chance to catch the bad boy from the
south, I hustled across the track (with chief clock stud approval) and
made my way down to the end of the course to say, "hello."  When I
caught you with him, Turk was already muttering and growling that "It
was too slow" then I told him it was almost a 200mph, he quickly
retorted, "I couldn't get hooked up and I came to do 200mph." I think
he was talking more to himself than him, he was in a speed state --
focused on the objective and nothing else mattered.  His crew arrived,
and he told them to head for the starting line, he going to run again.
Geez, just like a kid who just got off the roller coaster and runs
like blazes to ride again . . .

Of course we all know he nailed the target, but I think what I
witnessed was the first signs of big trouble from Alabama for anyone
in the same class Keith Turk chooses to attack. Just imagine if this
guy decides to build a lakester . . .

Let's just say if he were a pit bull, he'd have to be chained up.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
Telling stories with words and pictures