Muroc

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Muroc
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:37:37 -0700
Dusty weekend but great fun. Ran 204 on the second run Sat. Russ is now in
the Muroc 2 club but feeling down. He pulled the chutes and clicked it about
200 yds before the lights. He couldn't see the end signs for all the dust
and decided discretion was the better choice. We applauded his decision.  We
didn't want to tear down in the dust storm so they pumped us the Sun. AM.
While putting it back together after the cert. Ken thought something didn't
feel right in valve train. We didn't to pull a head in all that dust so we
packed it in. Spent the whole day today washing race car and trailer, what a
mess. Now I know why Miler Mike won't take his car to Muroc.