Got bugs?

To: "land-speedautox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got bugs?
From: "Beverly Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:57:28 -0700
My good friend Louise pointed out the other day that I was sending her
virus's - eek!
I had wondered what in the world was wrong with my computer! It started, of
course, about a year ago when I had disabled my Viruscan while I waited on
Microsoft to fix the problems with Windows 98 - got the fix but forgot to
turn the Viruscan back on! So I got infected with a nasty little bug that
came around for a second time - called happy99 (also called SKA or W32) -
took three days of begging because I couldn't get up on the internet
anymore and my modem had stopped working - but McAfee finally gave in and
told me the steps to take to get the bugs inactivated long enough for me to
get up on the McAfee web site and download the upgrades - so the point of
this ramble is....
I have undoubtedly been sending those nasty little bugs out for weeks to
everyone on the land-speed e-mail list - so please everybody - be sure to
run a system check asap to make sure it didn't sneak into your system!
I also got started posting Muroc stuff on the scta-bni.org site yesterday -
let me work on it some more today - but take a look tonight and let me know
what you think!

--- Beverly Stanley