Vintage Engine Classes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Engine Classes
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:17:11 EDT
In a message dated 07/27/2000 12:00:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kturk@ala.net writes:

<< My Next Goal will be Faster of Course.... But after that.... I want to go
 slower.... relax and truly enjoy KICKING ARDUN DOUG'S BUTT with One of His
 Motors...... (sorry Doug couldn't pass up the opportunity )

Keith,
    Welcome to the insanity of Vintage Engine Class, where everything is
"one-off" fabricated. A while back I was thinking about running B/GMR class
with the 410ci 1980's sprinter SBC that came with the project car that became
my modified roadster. My SBC friend was talking about all the trick stuff
that is readily available for modern engines and I was thinking "wow, you
mean I wouldn't have to make EVERYTHING if I switched to a SBC"? I was amazed
at the "off-the-shelf" stuff that was available for the SBC.
    Seriously, though, when you achieve all the goals you have set with your
Camaro the next step will be to a "purpose-built" LSR car.......Ardun Doug
King