Re: Vintage Engine Classes

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Engine Classes
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:38:11 -0500
Absolutely Correct Doug.... A Twin Turbo Charged Bugeye'd Sprite with a
130" wheelbase.... Think I have the Front ends going on as we speak...

That would be the Thrill of building a one off car... the fact that you had
to manufacture each of the pieces... What I am doing is really Pretty
Normal stuff.... I don't have to be very smart... all I have to do is open
a check book and speed falls out of it... as the balance goes down.... hmmm
don't mention this to my Wife if you happen to meet Miss Kathy at Speed
week.... I do carry a GUN...( well not really but it makes better
reading)....

Man I tell ya.... there are a couple of sounds that I long to have singing
in my ear.... Doug's Ardun.... Al Teagues 76.... and the D Motor at fever
Pitch... Hell I might even Pay attention to Darrel's Pass.... Just to hear
a Rat Motor.

Keith ( so why am I at work with NO PARTS and NO UPS MAN? )

----------
> From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Vintage Engine Classes
> Date: Thursday, July 27, 2000 3:17 PM
>
> In a message dated 07/27/2000 12:00:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> kturk@ala.net writes:
>
> << My Next Goal will be Faster of Course.... But after that.... I want to
go
>  slower.... relax and truly enjoy KICKING ARDUN DOUG'S BUTT with One of
His
>  Motors...... (sorry Doug couldn't pass up the opportunity )
>   >>
> Keith,
>     Welcome to the insanity of Vintage Engine Class, where everything is
> "one-off" fabricated. A while back I was thinking about running B/GMR
class
> with the 410ci 1980's sprinter SBC that came with the project car that
became
> my modified roadster. My SBC friend was talking about all the trick stuff

> that is readily available for modern engines and I was thinking "wow, you

> mean I wouldn't have to make EVERYTHING if I switched to a SBC"? I was
amazed
> at the "off-the-shelf" stuff that was available for the SBC.
>     Seriously, though, when you achieve all the goals you have set with
your
> Camaro the next step will be to a "purpose-built" LSR car.......Ardun
Doug