UPS

To: <OHFASTONE@aol.com>, <joetimney@dol.net>,
Subject: UPS
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 05:01:56 -0500
Can't stand not telling this Story.... When I was a Young Instructor Pilot
Fresh out of the IP course I was assigned here at Ft Rucker to Teach folks
to Fly the Cobra Attack Helicopter.... One of my Mentors and good Friends
was the First Man to ever Shoot the Cobra in Anger.... Chris was a VERY
decorated War Hero from Vietnam.... ( He was on the Cover of Look and Time
Mag in 67 and 68 as well )  Anyway what always impressed me about Chris was
that even though he was one of the First to learn to fly the Aircraft from
the Factory he was Constantly asking Guys like me questions about what we
thought of this or that... and then he would sit and Honestly listen to our
Reply's.... A True Student of the art of Flying....

Okay enough Set up.... SO we are sitting and around one Morning waiting on
our Students.... and Chris goes into His Personal Dream in Life.... He wants
to ROB a UPS truck.... not the Little one.... He wants to Rip off a Semi
Tractor Trailer.... ( course us Young Pups are sitting there with our Mouths
hanging open ) and He continues...... He says Think About it... how many
folks you ever see get Mad when the UPS man arrives.... It's Got all Kinds
of Goodies in it... there ain't NO BILLS there .... JUST GOODIES....

I see Chris around Town Now and Again.... and I always ask him if UPS is
Still Safe?   of course he wasn't serious... but only Chris could come up
with something like that...

Keith...( sure hope that wasn't one of those you had to have been there )