Re: Dyno Results ( Long )

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dyno Results ( Long )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:29:42 -0500
I think 566 hp on a D is about 90 hp short of a Motor....  We did somethings
to change the way it's set up.. mostly it was about making it LIVE....
lowered the Rings.. Stuck in a set of 6.2 Carrillo Rods... Studded the
bottom end...so on and so forth... No gas porting on the Pistons.... and
honestly I simply didn't concentrate my efforts on this Motor.... I know it
runs good... and I know it's got more compression then the New Rodeck D
Motor has... so basically it's okay.... Just not a record setter on Gas....
our Record is 220 on Gas and 230 on Fuel...

Bottom Line Uncle Dave saved the day again.... come up with a couple of ways
to make this happen.... Welcome to the world of Nitrous...  Bascially we are
going to start out with out 200hp hit and work it out from there.... His
STRONG recommendation that I take the combination Back to the Dyno simply
isn't going to happen.... I had some time today to get it done but the Dyno
guy went RACING.... What Nerve....

We are going to start out with a set of Given's .... what we had on the Dyno
really needs to get the car up to about Two Hundred.... and the N2O can take
over from there.

I tell you I have learned more in the Last two Months from Dave then I care
to mention....  It's amazing the number of folks who think they have the
solution to your problems and the miniscule number of folks like Dave that
honestly do have  a Clue....  ( Please no one here take that as a negative I
am talking about the folks around Enterprise Al.... )

And Dave.... John.... Doug.... I thank each of you up front.... if I only
run Two Bills on the Salt.... Life will be good... what a Magical season so
far...

Keith ( and trust me 200 isn't 235 Four Times... Don't forget Uncle Brad
here )