Roadster

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 08:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it's not a '32 Ford, it's a 1923 Dodge
roadster on straight fabricated rails.  102"
wheelbase with solid beam front axle and chevy
3.08 rear also bolted solid to the rails.  The
body is a steel 23 Dodge which I found in the
bushes in northeaster Oklahoma about 300 yards
from Arkansas.  I'm just getting around to
pulling the flathead out this weekend, so the
hemi is not in yet.  I'm probably going to use
the original Dodge "Gyromatic".  that is a four
speed manual transmission hooked up with both a
clutch and torque converter.  I wouldn't bother
with such a set-up, except that the previous
owner (I pulled it from a running and driving
car) said that the torque converter pull harder
than any torque converter he had ever seen.  it
should work fine in a light roadster.  I'm going
to run a Neilson cam and a NASCAAR 550 CFM 2bbl
Rochester on a hogged out Dodge manifold.  After
try it in that form one time at Maxton, I may add
some happy gas.

Dick J

http://invites.yahoo.com/