Re: Roadster

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Roadster
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:55:53 -0700
I used to have a 52 Dodge with "Gyromatic Tip Toe Shift". I think you will
find that it is a two speed manual trans with an electric overdrive. You
chose low or high shifting with the clutch and the overdrive will engage
when you let up on the gas. At a stop it downshifts the O-D and will idle
with the torque converter. As I remember the upshift was pretty clunky as
you have to let off the gas to get the O-D to up shift. I beat the hell out
of it behind a flathead six but I don't know how it would stand up to a V-8.
Jim in Palmdale, packing to leave for the salt.