Re: Last Gear Question

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <V4GR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Last Gear Question
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:25:19 -0500
intersting question on gear selection... Brad and I have beat up the Correct
Gear for the 425 Holley Motor we ran last Year....  We had 3.00's in it and
I thought we really should have tried the 2.75's just to see if it would
pull them... We had 28" tires on it by the way...

we were spinning it 6200 ....  or trying to... think we got to 6050 or so
with a top speed of 166mph... the reason we were discussing it was I thought
the Motor pulled great at Lower RPM's and thought it might not build as much
RPM but it would have More Hp at the Lower Number.... ( turned out exactly
like that on the Dyno by the way ) Would have been fun to see what would
have happened with the 2:86 gear set we have avalible today...

Keith