Re: Q45 on the salt

To: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Q45 on the salt
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:39:01 -0700
The Q45 put driver Larry Dietrich in the 2 Club on Thursday morning.
Larry then proceeded to join the spinout club his next run and chose
to park the car rather than go visit to the boys in the orange hats
back at the inspection lanes. Talk about the ultimate high and low in
back-to-back runs.

The driver and his crew were great folks, the Indy engine engineer
needs a tune-up about how to experience the salt and its racing
potential -- at the start I was amazed at his sour attitude towards
the officials, but he got a wake-up call when they blew the hood off
the luxosled and needed to beg parts. Keith Turk gave them the hood
pins they needed to get back in the game and they learned by example
about the generosity and camaraderie that is an integral part of land
speed racing. I shot the photos for them and subsequently spent a lot
of time with the car.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions