Re: nitrous

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: nitrous
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:51:05 -0400
Afraid I just stayed on it to long. Had plenty of piston thickness as it
burned the week link...ring lands instead. Should have gotten out of it
sooner and turned out, but things just happen so fast it's hard to react
quick enough. You have just got to have it right in the first place...right
equipment and tuning...with nitrous or your gonna spend lots of EXTRA money
putting blown-up engines back together...if there is anything left to
reassemble.

My personal goal is to set a new E/FCC record. The 225 MPH number has been
sitting there for 10 years. It's not soft, but its doable...our 218 MPH run
through the middle mile shows that..., and I want it.

Ya know Keith, after you get that red hat there are still plenty of goals to
keep a guy coming back for a life time.

John Beckett, LSR #79, E/FCC