Re: Timing advance

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Timing advance
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:02:38 -0400
I was referring to peak pressure as opposed to the burn being done. two
different #'s.  And yes advancing slowly until peak power is the best
bet.  On the dyno I usually start with something that sounds realistic
and the retard the timing 2 or 3 degrees and if that is a loss in power
i go for plus 2 to see if it wants more advance. I always go for the
safe test first and have been pleasantly surprised on many occasions
when the power went up taking a couple of degrees out. At Bonneville you
have two reasons to change the timing. The first is the density altitude
which says you might want to advance it and then the air temp that says
you might want to retard it..Comes out as a wash on lots of occasions in
my experience.
Dahlgren
Dahlgren