Re: Bonneville Transmissions

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville Transmissions
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:15:06 -0500
Dave is giving you the simple answer...

Now here is what Really happened... on the fastest Pass... we averaged 214
in the 5 with a 218 out the back.  but the real key is at the 2 1/4.... on
that Pass it was going 184 at the quarter....  So anyway Dave is watching
the Play back tach... and he says... HEY DUMMY your shifting right into your
Max Torque.... Hmmm so my answer... Geez is that why the tires spin so
hard?....   So we moved the shift points up to 7800 instead of 7000 and
walla..... No spin in the lower gears... at the 2 1/4 the car was going
197.... Yep... 14 miles an hour Faster simply by adjusting the shift
point.... I am just imagining the Pass with the ability to run out the back
with 150 hp of Nitrous from the 2.... Yeah we are talking record
territory....   that is why I am taking it back.... can't wait another year
to Test the Pistons again....

In other words... Gears and Trans gear selection as well as Where you shift
those gears is absolutely critical to it's terminal Velocity....

Keith ( Yeah I know... geez dummy you can read a dyno sheet too... why
didn't you think of that...)