Re: Leak Down Tester Instructions

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leak Down Tester Instructions
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
Keith, Summit was getting ready to ship that
thing and the admini clerk went to get the
instruction book to go with it when the shipping
clerk explained that no book would be necessary.
This was going to be shipped to that guy who had
the center spread in Hot Rod Magazine.  They
didn't want to insult you.  What Price Infamy!

TSK TSK TSK
Dick J

--- Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:
> Okay I assumed that this here dual gaged gadget
> is worth something....
> enough of you thought I should show up with
> one...
>
> I figured it would come with an instruction
> sheet and even I could read
> that ( keep in mind the exhaulted status that
> ability Provides here in the
> Hot State of Alabama )
>
> Well our Hero's at Summit decided I was such a
> Great Racer I didn't need no
> instructions.... ( show's what the hell Summit
> knows )....
>
> Okay so I suppose the 100 psi air goes into one
> side and the thing gets
> plugged into the Tail Pipe.... and whatever
> isn't left on the opposite gage
> is then the amount of air bypassing the rings
> and valves with the engine at
> bottom  center of the compression stroke?
>
> What kind of leakage is Normal for a race
> motor... when we have extra gap
> in the rings for the Nitrous I assume that
> factors in here somewhere?
>
> Okay what is normal for your set up?
>
> Keith Turk
> Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites,