Leak Down Tester

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leak Down Tester
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:13:40 -0500
Okay I assumed that this here dual gaged gadget is worth something....
enough of you thought I should show up with one...

I figured it would come with an instruction sheet and even I could read
that ( keep in mind the exhaulted status that ability Provides here in the
Hot State of Alabama )

Well our Hero's at Summit decided I was such a Great Racer I didn't need no
instructions.... ( show's what the hell Summit knows )....

Okay so I suppose the 100 psi air goes into one side and the thing gets
plugged into the Tail Pipe.... and whatever isn't left on the opposite gage
is then the amount of air bypassing the rings and valves with the engine at
bottom  center of the compression stroke?

What kind of leakage is Normal for a race motor... when we have extra gap
in the rings for the Nitrous I assume that factors in here somewhere?

Okay what is normal for your set up?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)