130 Club, 150 Club, Real Street and Super Street!

To: ECTA845@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 130 Club, 150 Club, Real Street and Super Street!
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
Once again, I strongly support these formats.
I'm putting together an under 150 car that may
well end up being upgraded to a faster Production
or Comp Coupe class a year or two down the road.
I'll never give up on my roadster, but I'm really
happy that I'm going to be able to get out there
on the track a lot sooner, thanks to these
formats.

Dick J

--- ECTA845@aol.com wrote:
> John, I like the idea of the new street
> classes.It will offer a place to
> start setting records (unlike the 130
> class).And as time and MONEY become
> available anyone
> that is in the two new classes will have the
> chance to upgrade to better
> saftey equipment  and  higher speeds.This seems
> like a good deal to me as I
> have
> recently taken on a partner to build a car for
> Maxton.We want to start out
> going
> under 150MPH (got to start somewhere).As for
> new members they will come as
> the word spreads. I know of at least 5 people
> that are planning to come to the
> October meet to see just what it is we are
> doing (going fast and having
> FUN).And
> you can thank Keith and Hot Rod Mag for that as
> before the article came out
> they did not seem interested.
>
> Now if there was a 1250 cc/75cid class for
> lakesters and streamliners I'd be
> in heaven.
>
> Randy Williams
> Near Nashbilly TN.