Re: Shop Safety

To: Nt788@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shop Safety
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:15:07 -0600
> ""Safety-- how about grounding the vehicle while working on it, fire's a
> bitch!""

Yeah but if your "grinding" on it, grounding wont help   haha ha

Should share that at this year Bonneville:  Jon and I had just filled our 5 lb
nitrous bottle, we carried it to the bike and attempted to fasten the AN end of
the braided stainless line to the bottle, we were shocked to see white and
bluish
sparks flying from the attempted connection, I initially thought that my nitrous
line on the bike was shorted to positive, a quick check with multimeter found no
continuity between the line and ground or positive, so we assumed that the
bottle
was statically charged somehow from the filling process/Bonneville's conductive
air.     Joe  :)