Re: Thoughts..

To: Skip & Joyce Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Subject: Re: Thoughts..
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:03:58 -0700
ESD & EMI(AKA RFI) can be a real problem at
especially at Bonneville. My biggest surprise
was finding out that everything except Copper
and Silver are crappy conductors. Some relative
(Copper = 1) numbers:

Silver         1.064
Copper         1.000
Steel           .087 - .133
Iron, Pure      .178
Iron, cast      .057

(source MIL-HDBK-419A)

Sooo.. proper grounding & shielding takes
a lot of copper. Using a steel chassis
for ground is, at best, fair.

Bryan Savage (that's from my list of things I
really didn't want to know)