Re: Small Braided line

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Small Braided line
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:35:08 EDT
In a message dated 09/09/2000 5:51:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<<
 There has to be some secret you folks are keeping from me... this -3 line is
 the biggest pain in the butt I have ever seen....

 Okay so Give up the Secret Chant....   What is the Pass word?   JUST HOW AM
 I SUPPOSED TO HOLD MY LIPS?

 K ( now I can eat my dinner and go back to work... Leaving those lines
 un-done till I chill a little )

Keith,
    With the #3 there are two areas to be careful with. First, like all
braided line, put masking tape around the area to be cut and then use a
high-speed disc on you die grinder. DO NOT attempt to cut the braided hose
with a hacksaw. Second, unravel the braid a little and make sure the
ferule(sp) sits down squrely between the unraveled braid and the hose itself.
I clamp the hose lightly in a vise than tap the ferule into place with a
small hammer. On a #3 always install the nut before installing the ferule.
    In addition, always use a little rubber-lube or oil when inserting the
fitting into the hose and ferule.
    I just did some #3 hoses on my blower injector plumbing the other day,
and had no problem once I started using the correct size hose for the
fittings I have. #3's are kinda different and in a group by
themselves...........Doug KIng