Re: Rotary Engines

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re: Rotary Engines
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:05:44 -0400
    Dave

    Don't know that I disagree with your logic exactly. However sometimes
progress is made in small increments. I would most certainly be in favor of
changing the current factor from 3.0 to the FIA factor of 2.1. They run
these engines frequently in endurance events around the world and feel the
2.1 factor is fair (relative term).
    That would make  a 13B equal to 2746cc and for us an "F". That's the
equivalent of bumping it up two engine classes. The current factor or 3.0 is
probably why we don't see more of these engines on the salt.

    John Beckett, LSR #79, E/FCC