Re: Outboard Boat Motors

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Outboard Boat Motors
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:08:42 -0700
Looking at the Mercury V-6, the biggest problem
I see is displacement. The choices:

185 cu.in. (3032cc)
 - Propshaft Horsepower: 300 (224 kw)
Any ideas why this strange displacement? This must be
a rule book motor.

153 cu.in. (2507cc)
 - Propshaft-rated Horsepower 300 (224kw)
??

122 cu. in. (1998cc)
 - Propshaft-rated Horsepower 200 (149 kw)
This appears to be an older design but has
possibilities.
Keeping the cooling inlet temp. at 60-70 degrees
may make this an impossible dream. A total loss
cooling system would be frowned upon.

Bryan Savage