RE: September El Mirage

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: RE: September El Mirage
From: "Beverly Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:40:15 -0700
Hi Doug -
The meet this last weekend at El Mirage was hot hot hot - it was about 104
degrees and the kind of heat that just sucks the moisture right out of you -
The sky was clear
almost no wind
several records were set - including Erin Kilbourne in the #704 C/BFALT (?)
KKM entry - she ran 217mph (?) and became only the second woman ever to
join the Dirty Two Club.
I got about 40 photos for the web site - but I also got sick from the heat
and took yesterday off to recover - I am working on the photos now to put
them up on the site -
I suspicion Pam Manghelli also felt pretty yucky since she has a history of
heat sickness, and the results may be a day or two later than usual.
Let's see, I think Larry Lindsley in the #484 had top speed of the meet at
about 280mph and set another record
Rick Yacoucci was disappointed in his first run at 214mph on #12B - he had
planned on 218mph for fastest ever motorcycle (don't know if he made it on
his second run or not)
Don DeBring ran his "Long Shot" streamliner for the first time, and was
thrilled to have made a good solid first run
There was also a pretty little yellow roadster making it's first run
#500 Leggitt Mirage blew the blower sky high at about 7/8 track - parts all
over the place but no damage to the driver -

There were about 65 entries - a very small meet - and everyone got to make
three passes.

That's about all I can recall for now until the results come out.
Bev

--- Beverly Stanley
--- beverlycst@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.