Interesting Item at Carlisle

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting Item at Carlisle
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:01:34 -0400
For you folks going to the big Carlisle swap meet next week, I have a friend
in Rye, NH who is taking a real neat piece down there to sell.  It is a 108"
wheelbase front engine dragster, GM rear, powerglide, M&H slicks, moon tank
etc but the neat part is the motor is an early Wayne 12 port setup on a 216
block.  It is serial number 0013!  It is a WMD225 setup for those of you who
are inliner fans.  Hilborn injected, Isky cam with a brand new sealed Harmon
and Collins Sportsman cam also.  And yes, he will seperate and just sell the
engine without the dragster.  His name is Donny Stevens and he expects they
will put the rail in the car corral.  So if you are looking for a real
genuine oldtime Wayne/Chevy setup for a restoration or to race, here is your
chance.  Wish I had some bucks, be fun to have it in the garage with the
flathead.

regards, John in NH where the leaves are starting to turn