Carb Jetting

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Jetting
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:52:18 -0500
Just an interesting statement Dave Made that I thought I would share.... if
your Over 5 Jets off the Factory setting you might be chasing the wrong
Problem.... We had gotten to the point with the 850 Barry Grant that we were
10 plus Jet sizes off.... Just to get the right Fuel into the motor....
turns out our actual Problems were most likely stemming from the Fuel
Delivery System... which again Dave helped out on and we Completely Changed
for WOS.... we had a BG 280 feeding the Fuel.... and a Holley Blue Pump
doing the N2O...

Now that same 280 feeds the N2O with a follow on  Bypassing regulator and a
BG 400 Feeds the Engine ... with another Bypassing Regulator...after the
Motor....

the one thing that didn't let us down was our Fuel Delivery system Dave
Designed.... the Filters are HUGE and Just before the Pump... I think they
are the BG 5000 series...

This is about the End all Fuel System for a Small Block... running a
Carburator.... I understand this doesn't have much to do with Going fast..
but it the Fuel can't get there COOl it's not going to make Power... and
before my fuel was Dead Headed to the Motor from a 3.5 Gal Fuel cell just
forward of the Radiator..( sitting there getting Heat Soaked) .. the new 8
Gallon Cell is in the Trunk and the Fuel is constantly circulating Keeping
it Cool and Avalible...

Dave may have designed the System.... But I had to figure out how to put the
package shelf back in and Plumb the 100 Plus Feet of Braided line with all
the Pressure and return lines after speedweek.... Another Major Chore... but
it worked.... K