Re: My WOS adventure Part 1.

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: My WOS adventure Part 1.
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:22:21 -0700
Group,
It is difficult to remain on the sidelines in this discussion, so here
goes.

First, for several years, I have had the utmost respect for John & crew.
I know that any record I hold is in jeopardy when he is in my class.
Although we have swapped records over the years, this year was the first
time that we have run head to head in the same class and he whupped me
severely. I don't really have a problem with that. Any time someone can
beat me fair & square, more power to them, in fact I stand ready to
help.

Let's face the facts! John has gone almost as fast in D/GCC as our D/FCC
record, so one would suspect that it is just a matter of time until that
one goes away. My answer to that is, I will just have to dig deeper in
my bag of tricks, well maybe I have reached the bottom already, but I
hope not. Competition is what makes this sport, just a short time ago I
was having trouble qualifying on a 205 MPH minimum, we have since run
almost 240 MPH. From the beginning I have believed that 250 MPH is
attainable in D/FCC. John has made that more believable with his
performance.

On the positive side for me is the fact that this year we have gone six
miles an hour faster than we had before on gasoline, I still believe
that there is more in the car, maybe not 10 MPH, but we will be at the
World Finals to give it another test. Good Luck to all!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC