The easy part - - HA!

To: DrMayf@aol.com, kturk@ala.net, v4gr@rcn.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com,
Subject: The easy part - - HA!
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 07:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
Are you guys like me, ant when you got a job to
do, save the hardest part for next to last, then
have one last easy task left to do so when you
get done you got good memories left?  Well,
that's what I thought I was doing with my Camaro.
 After straining a gut, busting knuckles, and
banging my head from replacing fenders, quarter
panels, and trying to get a fully assembled roll
bar into the back seat, I saved the easy part for
last.

I mean, how hard could it be to wrap a nice new
blanket around the transmission and snug up some
buckles????  After three hours Monday night and
two hours last night, I finally got it done.  At
one time Monday night, my wife made me take a
break 'cause she was afraid the neighbor (who
lives three miles away) was going to call the
sheriff and charge me with public profanity.  The
blanket is roughly an inch thick, and there's
roughly 3/4 inch clearance between the top of the
tranny and the floor.  Not a good formula for an
easy job!  I finally ended up putting a floor
jack under the tranny, unbolting the rear
cross-member, and lowering the rear of the tranny
about three inches to get enough room to slide
the blanket over the top and buckle it in place!

My knuckles look like the inside of an exploded
Firestone Wilderness tire, the floorboards look
like The Incredible Hulk used them for punching
practice, and the Sheriff is on standby!

Now I have one really, really, simple task left
to do.  I mean, how hard can it be to air up the
tires to 65 Lbs and screw on some moon discs? ? ?

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *
*         # 729           *