Re: swash-plate

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: swash-plate
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:25:42 -0500
howdy,
         well now, this engine was trotted past the big three, back in '55
or '56....and woulda been used by them too, but for the fact that it's
almost 24 inches in diameter, and about 4 feet long......and they still
haven't really gotten the internal friction out of it.....nah, this is just
the last one of six that were made for trying to sell to the big
three....and so far I've managed to keep it from being cut up into a
display.........its a great cheater engine, run the swashplate drive with
an electric motor, and change the c.i.'s back down on the way to
impound.....99 to 250 cubic inches is what it is able to adjust to.....only
got 6.6 compression though and a 3000 rpm limit....I always thought it
would be great looking in a 23 T hotrod

At 05:55 PM 10/12/00, you wrote:
>Hey, John! Do you have the "rights' to the engine? MAybe it is time to trot
>it out as the greatest thing since sliced bread and maybe get a few
>government grants to increase it's efficiency! Yeah, cool! Then sell it to
>the big 3 or 4 or 5 or ..car companies to keep it off the streets. What class
>would it run in at B'ville?
>
>Way Cool!
>
>mayf

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316