Oil Systems/Problems

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Systems/Problems
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:00:19 -0500
I been running Wet sumps for the last Two Years and One of the Major issues
is that with the extended RPM's we are worried about running out of Oil in
the Sump...

Also with the Rodeck there is No Question it was an Oil System Failure of
some kind that caused it to kill the Bearing's.... all of the Rods and all
the Mains were scored like they touched the crank... I just got lucky and
got it shut off before it spun one of them.  If it had been Trash in the
Motor it wouldn't have gotten them all...

So I am now out on a Search for a Dry Sump system... that will install
without having to cut the Cross Member.. ( the more you look ... the harder
it gets )  So far I have found several that will attach to the front of the
Motor or the bell housing...  I also have found a couple of new ways to get
around the side motor Mounts... the end all answer to the Dry Sump may be
interesting... if nothing else it's been an interesting study in Oil
Systems....