El Mirage

To: Drylakercr@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: El Mirage
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:24:32 -0700 (PDT)
Katie,
Exactly where is El Mirage.  I race only once a
year, and should Maxton get rained out this
weekend, I'd cry until April.  Then, just on a
spur of the moment thing,  I checked MapQuest for
directions to Bakersfield, and found I could make
that trip in two days, just like I use to get to
Maxton. I live 5 miles off of Interstate 20, or I
could go south to Interstate 10, or north
Interstate 40.

--- Drylakercr@aol.com wrote:
> I would like to join in thanking all those
> volunteers who so graciouly give
> of their time to keep our sport alive and
> create such a wonderful environment
> in which to spend  a weekend/week time on some
> 'ole dried out lake bed
> whetther it be salt or dirt.
>
> Most of these people I've known almost all of
> my life and I thank them for
> not only their support of the sport, but also
> in me personally (special
> thanks to Julian Doty, "Uncle" Dan, and of
> course the provider of his
> allowance, Joanie Warner).
>

>  --Katie Young Cortez

=====