Technical List Input

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Technical List Input
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
Keith,Just to let you know that the list REALLY
WORKS - I got on the list after fifty years of
dreaming about LSR and right after my first ever
weekend of LSR which took place at Maxton -
-where you gave me the list info.  Since that
time, some of the direct impacts that the list
has had on me include:
What gears I'm using, what tires I bought, What
Wheels I'm running, What motor I'm using in both
cars, What kind of intake I'm running, What
carburetors I'm running, What ignition I'm using,
How my tach is wired, how my harness is hooked
up, where I got my cage bent and welded, how I
made a chart to tell me my speed from RPM, where
to set my redline, how I got the blanket around
the transmission, where I mounted pedals in the
car, where I found a fire suit to wear (not
purple), how to mount my moons, which type of
transmission I'm using, where I have my timing
set, how I'm cooking my motor, where my tanks are
located, how my battery is wired, etc, etc, etc.

I can't really begin to list all of the technical
stuff I got from you guys.  Check "Dick J" on
listquest and you can get an idea how invaluable
this list has been in helping me build two cars.
I can honestly say I would not even have this
Camaro and would not be heading to Maxton this
weekend if it was not for the help this list has
been.

I have folders labeled: Cage and Rollbar,
Transmission and Clutch, Motor, Tires, Rear End,
Exhaust Systems, Fuel, General Parts, and Target
200 mph; and each of them contain over forty
messages with guidance that I use all the time.
I have started copying them all into a single
document and am editing it, slowly turning it
into a book on how to get answers to questions to
reach 200 mph (which is my goal).  My queries on
this list have led to phonecalls from New York,
Alabama, North Carolina, Florida, California and
other states, from guys who have been there, done
that, and got the "hats".  There's no need for me
to make stupid and expensive mistakes.  Somebody
has already tried that and I can learn from their
"research". I'd start to list the guys who had
helped the most by name, but I'd prolly end up
listing everybody on the list!

"Awsome" does not begin to describe the value of
this list ! ! !

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *