what is boogie-woogie and still in search of the history....

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: what is boogie-woogie and still in search of the history....
From: "The Backus's" <34ford@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:40:37 -0700
List, being a hot rodder among other things, I am trying to get a
description of"boogie woogie". Can anyone who has seen this ......... please
describe it.  Also I have found out a little more about the '32 roadster
body I have. It ran at Bonneville in 1968 and was in black primer, it had an
unusual rear pan, the license plate was frenched in, the '41 Ford tailites
were set in and it had license plate lites that were mounted on the left and
right sides of the plate, but stuck out- were on the outside surface of the
pan. It was sold to someone in Indianapolis, Ind. about 6 years ago. Sound
like something you have seen? It would be really cool to get the history on
this car.

Keith wants us to ask questions(other than about his suit, etc., so here is
one)another would be about the engine problem in my other '32 roadster, it
is an almost stock 350/300hp crate Chevy. It has 2 Edelbrock 500cfm 4
barrels on an Edelbrock street tunnel ram not running progressive. It has
about 12,000 miles and has a Turbo 375 (no not a 350)behind it with a Currie
9" Ford with 3:00 gears. When I stand in it off the line or it kicks down
into passing gear it makes a "rattling" sound that is a lot like detonation
or valves floating.
It comes in at 4500 rpm on up to 5500+ when I shift. We have changed the
timing and the valve springs with no effect. I find no evidence of an
exhaust leak (yet). It has Sanderson cast iron headers that seem to seal
well. I do not have the chokes working nor are they wired open, maybe they
are trying to close..... the car runs pretty well- 14.0 at 97 in the 1/4
mile with 3:0 gears and 32" tires. I run 92 octane gas and the car has 9.2:1
compression.  Any ideas? We plan to change the heads this winter to some
Dart 64cc with big valves, ported, etc. and a roller hydraulic cam. Any
suggestions on the cam? It has a 2200 stall converter (almost stock)we do
drive it regularly most of the year(except in snow if we can help it).

Thanks for any help on these matters.
John (I don't want to be called a streetrodder either) Backus