ECTA Street Classes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: ECTA Street Classes
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:01:52 -0400
John, Joe & List,

   Our new Real Street category calls for single 4 barrel carburetion only.
My assumption is that the goal here is to restrict multi-carb induction
swaps.  How about cars that had been 4 barrel which were swapped to two
barrel, factory EFI, or inline engines with dual side drafts?  Lots of the
smaller displacement engines use other than a single 4 bbl, that's what I'm
trying to clarify.

   Since all street equipment must be maintained, are tires with the minimum
3/32" tread depth are also required?  How about DOT approved Z speed rated
race tires which are 3/4 slick when new?  I've got a couple sets of
autocross tires from last season that I'd like to get the last bit of wear
out of before they get hard.  Bottom line is this, once we arrive at the
track can we swap on a more capable and safer specialty tire or must we race
on street tires?

   The thrash has begun.

Chuck Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC