Re: The Ultimate Hot Rod!

To: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>,
Subject: Re: The Ultimate Hot Rod!
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:37:43 -0700
Joe,
When they test those booster rockets where they are assembled at Thiokol,
about 120 miles from here on the north side of the Great Salt Lake (very
near the Golden Spike Monument where the transcontinental railroad rails met
in 1869) you can hear it in Salt Lake and see the smoke.  Nothing to see
like the shuttle though.  Mayf is the one who has the good seats at rocket
launches I'd guess.  If they ever send the shuttle up from Vandenberg AFB,
as was once proposed, I'd drive down for the experience.  Just seeing the
shuttle piggy-backed on the carrier plane is wild enough.
Wes