The Ultimate Hot Rod!

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: The Ultimate Hot Rod!
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:41:37 +0000
Everybody,

I just returned from a trip to Stuart, Florida. I promised my best
friend that when I got back from Bonneville (twice) and Maxton, that I
would haul his enclosed trailer holding all of his worldly possessions
to his new home down south. Now being the motor heads that we are (Ted
used to drive the Jade Grenade T/F digger), we were talking about the
Space Shuttle lunch being delayed and the possibly of seeing it go off
as we crossed the Florida state line. It was getting dark and I was
trying to figure out how far it was to Cape Canaveral, when the CB radio
went nuts with people screaming incoherently. That's when we saw the
baddest hotrod of all time!!! The Shuttle was hauling ass with the most
magnificent flame coming out of its tail! I still can't believe we could
see it that plain as we had to be at least 150 miles from the Cape. We
were able to see the flame change color just before it dropped the two
pods and continued to watch the Shuttle cross the full moon and
disappear in the night. I have no idea how high it goes or how fast as
it dropped the booster rockets but it was really moving across the sky!
Maybe one of you know some facts about the shuttle?

Now the problem is that I want a RIDE!!!  I wonder what color hats they
have?

If you ever get a chance to see this thing launch, don't pass it up!!!
To me , it is one of the great accomplishments that my tax dollars pay
for!!!

joe ( I did get to catch some Dolphin, one over 40 lbs.)