Re: Question for Chev guys

To: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question for Chev guys
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:11:32 -0500
John If memory serve me right on this one it is from the 60 degree
family 2.8,3.1,3.4. The DOHC was not as good as it looked. The whole
family line has a bad oiling problem in that they do not have mains
priority. The DOHC heads did not really perform any better than the
normal heads. These motors were only used in FWD cars so the blocks
are different. The heads can not be mounted on a RWD block. Granted
they are radical looking and might be great for a streetrod project,
but for any performance forget it.
Bill Bennett
"Southern Salt Terror"
http://home.earthlink.net/~benettw/