Re: peaceful

To: "Joe Timney" <joetimney@dol.net>, "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>,
Subject: Re: peaceful
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:53:30 -0600
Joe I just caught the end of your fiasco....and when the Pits started to
empty out I sat there... deciding you had Ten Times the help you needed...
didn't want to get in the way... you will note the following sequence of
questions though....
1. IS JOE OKAY?
2. How FAST did he go?
3. is the car okay?

Keith ( no I didn't move until I heard you were okay...little prayer while
we waited... ) THEN WE WENT RACING..... didn't bring Will down to go
199.153
----------
> From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
> To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>; Dave Hinni <dhinni@primary.net>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: peaceful
> Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:03 AM
>
> Well!!! How do I begin. I have been racing 35 years, 38 if you count the
> wooden carts with baby buggy wheels we built in my dad's garage. This
> weekend we had a buyer waiting for me to get my "Green Hat" when after a
> 195+ mph pass, I wrecked the car. The car took a right hand turn when the
> chute opened and I shot off the course...went airborn, then did some
> "Agricultural Engineering". The first landing was the worst, it hit on
the
> driver's side and filled the car with dirt. Now I know how it must feel
> 'get dusted in' on a dry lake bed. I didn't think that thing would ever
stop
> sliding sideways and I could not see to give any input in the steering.
>
> The first people to reach the car were the Shut-Down Crew of Mike Poteete
> and Dave Hinni. After they put the fire out, they came around the car to
> where I was standing to see if I was all right! I will "NEVER" forget the
> expressions on their faces!!! I really scared the crap out of them! I'm
> sorry guys but 'THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE SO FAST'. I was so happy to
hear
> you coming when I was still in the car as I couldn't see a thing the dust
> was so thick. Then the pits 'emptied out' as everybody came to help. It
> seamed that I was the calmest person there. We all know that wasn't the
> case!!!
>
> In the middle of this mess, one of the bike guys, Dash, picks up a Dead
Rat
> by the tail that I killed with the car and said " Hey Joe, look what you
> did!!! The whole crowd broke up. Now, I knew that the jokes would start,
The