Maxton Meet - Thanks

To: BICWIG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton Meet - Thanks
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:20:13 -0800 (PST)
I had a great time at Maxton.  It was great to
see some of the guys I knew from last year.  It
was also great to meet a bunch of guys, in
person, whom I had only previously known from
this net. I want to extend special thanks to
those guys who helped me solve some problems with
the car and find that extra uuumph I was looking
for.   Jim Bodenheimer for offering up the use of
his fire suit.  Without that offer, I probably
wouldn't have made the trip since I didn't have a
suit nor the money for both a new suit and the
trip. Even though I never wore it (stayed just
under the speed requirement) it got me through
inspection. Keith, for his words of encouragement
and showing me how to stop all the oil from
blowing out of my motor.  Joe Timney for the tips
on a new rear end, and John Beckett for his
thoughts on how to stabilize the car better for
next year.  Thanks to everybody who made the meet
possible.  I'll have the car updated and be back
next spring. It was particularly satisfying to
make a crappy run off the trailer, then have
everybody give help and advice until I broke the
record and then went even faster on the next run!
 I think that was a better experience than if the
car had just made a sterling run right off the
trailer. It really cements the bonds of
friendship.  Thanks Guys!

=====
*         Dick J          *