Re: My First Landspeed Ride! LONG

To: Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My First Landspeed Ride! LONG
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:44:27 -0800 (PST)
Thats great Bill - I'll tell you what Keith told
me.  There are a couple hundred thousand guys out
there who only dream about it! They'll never know
what it's REALLY like. You did it! Speed is
great, but it's not everything - they will never
know the rumble of tires stretched with 65 pounds
of air pressure, the vibration of the pavement
through the racing seat, the view of the track
through the small helmet opening, the sound of
the pipes inside a helmet- the smell of racing
gas from inside the car- the feel of a shoulder
harness pulled so tight you can't get a finger
under it - - -etc, etc, etc!  You did it, buddie,
that's what counts!

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *