Been There & Done That

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, dwarner@electrorent.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Been There & Done That
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:51:54 -0800 (PST)
--- FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
...... I'm sure
> you' ve
> " been there ...... done that ".

'Bout ten years ago I had a really nice vintage
BMW 900cc motorcycle that I rode all over
(300,000+ miles on it!).  One day it started
acting up.  It left me stranded near Mobile, Ala.
 A month later I got stranded outside
Fayettville, NC, then again outside Augusta, GA.
I loved that bike, but I was getting sick of
renting U-Haul trucks to get home.  I had
everything from the headlight to the taillight
replaced, entire wiring harness, alternator
system, battery, etc.  It left me stranded in
Fort Walton Beach, Fl.  I finally gave up and
sold it to a friend of mine, telling him about
the problem up front, and giving him a helluva
deal.  A couple of weeks later I ran into the guy
- - riding the bike.  He told me the horn button
had a screw that was too long and it had ticked
into a terminal on another nearby switch, giving
an intermittant dead short.  Last Christmas I saw
him again, he still had the bike and said it has
never failed him, not once.  He ended up with one
nice bike for half price plus the cost of a 1/4"
self-tappping screw!

I still miss that bike!

Dick J

=====