Joke of the day

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Joke of the day
From: "The Backus's" <34ford@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:48:18 -0500
A visiting evangelist at our church today told a true story (as true as any
Al Gore has told) about 2 men, one from North Carolina and the other from
Alabama.  They were traveling thru the north when they had the occasion to
stop in a supermarket.  The fellow from NC told the clerk he wanted some
maters, taters and unyans.  The clerk said "I bet you are from North
Carolina". The guy asked "how do you know?" The clerk said "It was your
accent." Later as they were driving down the road the guy from Alabama was
laughing at his friend from NC about his accent.  The guy from NC said "I
bet people can tell where you're from by your accent too." With that they
stopped once again and the guy from Alabama said "Let's see if the clerk in
this store can tell where I'm from."  So they went into the store and the
guy from Alabama said "I'll have some tomatoes, potatoes and onions, can you
tell where I'm from?"  The clerk said "sure, you're from Alabama."  The man
asked "is it my accent?"  "No," said the clerk, "you're in a furniture
store."

John (not making fun of Keith in any way) Backus