Ballast

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Ballast
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:24:34 -0800 (PST)
Keith,

I was thumbing through one of my old Super Chev
magazines last night and came upon an article
about a Camaro that was run at Bonneville, then
at the drags, then road raced.  The article said
that after running Bonneville, the guy pulled off
800 pounds of ballast to run the other venues.

That got me wondering.  How much ballast do you
run?  Do you run the same at Maxton as you do at
Bonneville and El Mirage?  What do you use for
ballast and where is it mounted?

One of these days, I might just get up to speeds
that will need ballast.

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *