Occupations-very interesting thread

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Occupations-very interesting thread
From: William McIntyre <acromac@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:01:23 -0800
Greetings to the list, where I have been lurking since Muroc in June.
Bill McIntyre,residing in Mesa,Arizona (east side of the Phoenix metro
area)since April of 1960.
Served proudly in the Army for 3 years (55-58)
Chevrolet line mechanic and later shop foreman in the 60's.
Driver and crew chief,Hopper Automotive A/Altered (tube chassis,Fiat
body,blown hemi-chrysler) early 60's.
We held the AHRA national records for speed and ET,held the #2 spot(of
5) on the Drag News JR eliminator list, and won A/Altered (gas) and
Middle Eliminator at the WinterNationals in 62-63.I also drove the
Thomson and McIntyre A/Fuel Dragster in 63.
I graduated from Arizona State University in 1979 and spent a VERY
enjoyable 21 year career teaching 8th grade Science, retiring in late
May this year.
I hold a pilot certificate and for the past 25 years have been
involved in flying,coaching and judging competive aerobatics.
Ive managed to win some trophys flying my Pitts Special in the
Advanced category.
I was the U.S. Judge for the 1992 World Aerobatic Championship held in
LeHarve,France and also judged the European Championship in Italy in
1963.
Ive coached 8 pilots onto the U.S. Aerobatic Team.
In June,I made my first trip to the dry lakes.(Muroc).
Im now asking myself if I want to sell my airplane and bank roll a
Bonneville effort.Im interested to see all the racers on the list.
--
Bill McIntyre
IAC 3269