Background

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Background
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:42:08 -0700
Sorry folks, they say you are getting old when you have to redo things and I
have been around since the rocks were cooling so guilty as charged. I tend
to net things out too much sometimes. On top of Air Force during Korean
Whatever, H bombs, IBM, etc., I have been married for 47 years to Florence
who I went to high school with back in Ohio. She puts up with my racing and
raised two great sons, Keith and Wade. Keith has raced 410 sprint cars for
over 10 years on a casual basis and drove at Bonneville for the first time
this year getting his AA license at something like 281MPH. Wade helps the
program in a lot of ways but does not seem interested in driving. I drag
raced a 49 Plymouth with a 354 Hemi, a 54 Studebaker with a 383 wedge, and a
56 Ford with a Paxton and a cam,etc. before gokart racing sprints and
enduro's, Ossa motorcycles in the desert, stock cars on 1/4 and 1/2 mile
dirt and The Nafzger & Savage I/GS streamliner with my good friend Bryan
Savage between 1987 and 1990. That brings us to the new Nafzger Racing Team
streamliner that will run in whatever classes I can get an engine for.
Sorry for all the gas, I enjoy the website.
Howard Nafzger